January 26, 2007

My Idiosyncracies....

Consider it as an account of my inexplicable, everchanging cravings...

For 7 long years, I have lived in old hostel rooms or as a paying guest..or have shared a box-kinda apartment with 3 other roomies..And all these years I felt claustrophobic..There was someone always encroaching on my space and privacy...sometimes it would be the so-called aunty in PG, throwing mean glances to warn me " STAY OFF THIS AREA...TRESSPASSERS WOULD BE PROSECUTED".... or at other times it would be a noisy roomie, wallowing in her luxuries in 'our' room with 'her' friends!!! So, my ultimate craving at that time used to be of a little space just for me...

When we shifted to our 2 BHK apt. here in Minneapolis, I was literally thrilled..I was relieved to finally have a grand place to call my own..I made plans of utilizing all the available space I have..a reading corner for me...a music space..blah..blah..and I did that initially. But to my utter dismay, that thrill waned one day..I no longer found my - "2 bedroom, 1 huge living room, one big kithen, 1 dining area- spacious!!!

So...is it my idiosyncracy... or human nature to always crave for bigger dreams....may be it is..may be not..( who cares!) the victim is my poor hubby..:) who is pestered now to move into our own house....where we would have our own backyard..own pool...blah blah.. and the list goes on ......

2 comments:

Panther Pagadi said...

good one.......I never knew that you write blogs........cool

Prachi said...

Yeah..thanks!! I manage to write about few things!!