July 25, 2007

Am I enjoying the Summer? You bet!

It was like flying in the air...fragrant breeze was caressing my face...I could smell the green grass around me...the beautiful sunset was mesmerizing...if there is a heaven, I swear I was experiencing it...Naah, its not a dream; it was how I felt today while riding my bike!

Yeah, after much planning, budgeting, strategizing & procrastinations, we finally bought our bikes today! Mine is a beautiful magenta-colored mountain bike while AD's bike is a red-colored glacier mountain bike. To give the new members a warm welcome, we rode them to our neighborhood Round Lake and believe me, the experience was out-of-the-world!




I am losing my sleep over my excitement for the next ride tomorrow! I feel like a girl again...I was reminiscing the high school days when I used to ride my 'Lady Bird' bike practically everywhere...aah those carefree days...

So, whats the difference between the bike ride in US & India ? Well...in India, my ride used to be a strategy to survive the all-directional traffic, overcrowded roads and oh yeah, fighting the pollution! But in MN, I experienced bliss by riding amidst greenery, beautiful lake, serenity and no pollution! And the best part is: I don't have to go to the so-called 'hill station' to experience it; the lake is five minutes from my home! Another difference: In India while biking, we ring the bell to warn people; but here, I have to announce using my 'politest' voice: 'on your left'! Funny,eh?

That's what I love about America, it has made possible for me to do all those activities which is unthinkable in India now: biking, boating, canoeing to name a few...I love reliving these carefree days...For me, its a welcome respite from that stressful worklife in India...


Yeah, I am breathing again...!

2 comments:

Life!! said...

all your blogs that have read till now make me experience your current world first hand. and its a lovely experience. my sis too is in US and thanks to you I can for now atleast feel what she too might be experiencing :-) keep on writing!

Prachi said...

Hey Thanks Priyambi

That was quite encouraging!

P