July 26, 2007

On beauty and my apprehensions...

The other day, I was looking at myself in the mirror, preening, observing and feeling smug-“oh, now that I have started drinking lots of water, my skin feels hydrated…yeah, the under eye dark circles look better now…hmmm…but why do my face still looks dry? Is it the weather? Or is it the sun? Oh not again! Now that I am looking carefully, I think I still have dark circles…sigh…and these brown spots, yuck! They are so ungainly! Why is my face not glowing? That last Neutrogena cream I used promised so! What do I do about them???? …..and the self-criticism goes on and on…It always starts with feeling good about myself but stealthily takes an abrupt turn towards the road to apprehension…

So after this experience, I decided to deal with this apprehension once and for all. I searched the web for tips on ‘healthy skin’…I went to the EP library and picked up two so-called bestselling books on healthy skin. Since I was so driven to get rid of this problem, I read both the books in a day’s time!! Am I not wonderful? ;)

Having read those books, I felt empowered to tackle the ever-increasing problem of us women. So, I have decided to put down the important tips or technical details given in those books for everyone to read. Instead of putting it in my book blog, I am putting it here because it is more like my experience!

The first book I read was: 6 weeks to sensational skin: Dr. Loretta’s Beauty Camp Handbook for your freshest face by Dr. Loretta Ciraldo, M.D.

I picked this book because I thought who would know better about skin than a lady dermatologist? So, here it is! The best thing about this book is: it’s divided into chapter talking about days in beauty camp. The main things which it covers are:
· How to read product labels to spot the best and worst ingredients
· The Survival Basics- five steps to keep your skin problem-free
· How to choose the most flattering hairstyle and makeup
· Two facial exercises that really work to reduce lines and wrinkles
· How 30 minutes of extra sleep at night- on the right kind of pillow case – can dramatically improve your skin

So I would deal with these topics one by one everyday starting from tomorrow.
Beauty begins....

No comments: